Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Super Soup



It was just one of those nice winter days in Minnesota when I didn't really want to go dig out my car to go to the grocery store. We rode with some friends to a cabin for the weekend, and our car  is still sitting under a nice big pile of crispy hard snow. I haven't made it to the grocery store since.... well... I don't really remember. You see, our Christmas break kind of took over our world since we were out of town for the whole three weeks, and then the cabin trip was right after that. That being the case, there really isn't much in the Frigidaire at the moment. I did find some limp celery and some carrots in one of the drawers- still good, and a bunch of good stuff in the freezer. I am so grateful for freezers. I love you, freezer.

Whatever I Could Find Soup:

Saute:
1/2 c. Chopped Celery
2 Carrots, Chopped
1 Garlic Clove, Minced
2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, Chopped

Add:
1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup

Add your own amounts:
Water
Peas
Broccoli
Corn

Bring to a boil until all the veggies are nice and cooked. Serve, and enjoy a warm bowl of soup in January! We had our soup tonight with some Sour Dough toast, it was so delicious!


3 comments:

  1. I like those kinds of 'surprise' soups too. And a well-stocked freezer comes in handy. Minnesota? Brrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's no fun to chip ice off a car!

    the soup looks wonderful AND simple. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can we have noodles in it too? the soup looks amazing, but I love noodles!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...