Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Snow Days


It's more snow for us in the twin cities, and I am so glad...
The old snow was really frozen and slippery and hard. And yucky and ugly. 
Now it's all white again, and only a little icy on the roads and sidewalks.
Not to mention G likes to throw snowballs at me on our way out or in from the car, 
any chance she gets, she's throwing them as fast as she can.
She's a pretty good aim for an almost 4 year old, which is why I am happy it is now clean, soft snow!

And my winter season is not complete 
without paper snowflakes hanging inside


Honestly, I take great pride in my paper snowflakes- except for that lame 4 pointed one!
(Forgot how to fold the paper on my first one this year...ahem)
My Aunt Kathy used to make immaculate paper snowflakes with me when I was younger, she died from cancer about 10 years ago. Every year I make at least one paper snowflake, and remember her hands as they carefully carved out incredible designs. 


Mine are still not as good as hers, but I'm working on it :)

4 comments:

  1. Wow. Those are incredible! I LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! ours may need a little sprucing up, they have been up for over a month now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are gorgeous! You would laugh at mine that I have hanging on our back glass door. You're amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE THESE! And i'm so glad your blogging again, may I add. You have always done such amazing snowflakes. I'm Glad miss G is throwing snow at you. :) I thought it was funny anyway.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...