Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Baby Skirt

This teeny little skirt turned out so adorable.
I think I'll have to make another one for my miss G.
It was a Christmas gift for the sweet baby girl
that I watch during the week


The waist is just elastic all the way around,
I measured the baby's waist and then added an inch 
to get the measurement for the waist.
The strips of fabric are about 3 inches wide.
I gathered the tops of the two bottom tiers
before stitching them all together to form the skirt.


The flower is just a really lazy yoyo
that I twisted a bit and then hand stitched to the skirt.
I also added another little pink piece of fabric
to make it look more like a flower.

I didn't follow a pattern,
I just made it up as I went. 
But I think that this would be easy
to adapt to any size for the little ladies.

3 comments:

  1. It turned out so cute! KP already loves it- I can't wait for you to see it on her -if you haven't already :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Becky! I guess you haven't announced it on fb, so only your faithful blog readers get the good news. :) I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...