Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

Such a Lemon

Here is my lovely Lemon Cake I made this weekend. We went on a trip to Michigan to visit my hubbys grandparents. We were celebrating both of their birthdays and their wedding anniversary (65 years) all in one whack. We asked Grandmother what kind of cake she would like to have served. She said, "Well, if I could have things my way... (long pause)... I would choose Lemon Cake!" Okay then, lemon cake it is- not that any of the family members were surprised. Grandmother always loves lemon anything. So, Betty Crocker and I had a little reunion Friday morning, and my double layer Lemon Cake with lemon jelly in the middle and sweet lemon frosting was served for tea time Friday afternoon. Grandfather said, "I can tell it's made from scratch because there's something to it. It's not like those air cakes that people buy these days. It's real good. Well, now, that's a cake!" Grandmother, I think, enjoyed it even more than anyone else did!

2 comments:

  1. So, are you going to post recipes? This looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll see what I can do... this recipe is currently in Michigan!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...