Pages

Saturday, January 8, 2011

My Own Flowers



Don't worry. I know you've been freaking out because you think I died. But I didn't. I'm still alive, and I am still making fun things, and believe it or not, I still like to blog about them. Our vacation has been great for the holidays, and it's still going! I can't believe how long it has been. You'd think they would have gotten sick of us by now..... or at least gotten tired of my little miss G sucking on everyone's toothbrushes when she can get her hands on them. We've been visiting my family for almost three weeks now and it has been such a good time. I love seeing all my siblings and visiting and laughing with my mom and dad late into the night....or early morning, to put it correctly. I love being home and seeing people and places that I grew up with. I love the memories that come back to my mind as we talk and laugh.

Moving right along.... I made these pretty flowers for two of my aunts and one for my sweet Grandma for Christmas. My hubby is in law school, so Christmas was a little tight this year for buying gifts (I know, hard to believe....). I decided to raid my moms fabric cupboards, which are amazing, by the way. I found this pretty brown fabric and the cream colored lace from the lace bucket. I also found a piece of lace that my mom used when she made her own wedding dress! That was the neatest treasure I found. Anyway, I also dug through my moms five (yep, 5) tins of buttons and found some favorites that I remember playing with when I was younger.


These flowers are a spoof off of the last ones that I posted about. I first cut out the flower shapes for the petals, and the circle used for the base.


Folding the petals in half twice, I glued three of these on one base to start the flower.

Then I made a circle of the lace and glued it on top of the three petals, and the buttons go on top. One of the flowers I made has the buttons right on the lace, the other flower has another brown circle of fabric for the buttons to go on. Either way looks great to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...