These truly are the best cookies ever--
in fact, you'll probably want to drop whatever you have scheduled today
and make them right now!
They are SO GOOD!
I found the recipe on Pinterest,
from the blog Apple a Day
and I am [oh] so happy I decided to give it a try.
Best-Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies
barely adapted from Anna Olson, Food Network Canada
3/4 c. unsalted butter, softened
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. granulated sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 c. all purpose flour
2 tsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. bittersweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars until fluffy and light in color. Add egg and vanilla and blend in.
3. Mix in flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Stir in chocolate chunks.
4. Using a standard-sized cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop dough onto a prepared baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until barely golden brown around the edges. (The tops will not brown, but do NOT cook longer than ten minutes.)
5. Let cool, on the sheet, on a wire rack for five minutes. Remove from baking sheet and let cool completely. Makes approximately 3 dozen. Try not to eat them all.